Liberate your users
User adoption of any new application is crucial to the success and return on investment of that system. Enterprise mobility is an area that does not always seem to enjoy a high user adoption. From frustration at a new way of working to fears about security.
What are mobile devices being used for in your business? Emails and calls? Or as a link to the applications that drive business and sales out in the field?
One of the purposes of enterprise mobility is to liberate our users. To allow them to leverage enterprise reports, analysis and business-critical data – no matter where they are. To provide them with the power that they need to resolve whatever challenges they face and make business-critical decisions.
Despite this, users are still not embracing Enterprise Mobility in the way that they could and should be doing. In fact, only 25% of BYOD users are accessing anything other than calls and emails and many users are not adopting the mobile solution that their Enterprise software vendors are offering.
Mark Hillam, Business Intelligence Division Leader at iNovar, shares his opinion in this video.
One of the main reasons for users not adopting enterprise mobility is that the mobile interface is often completely different and this is confusing for the user, particularly if it also has limited functionality. If the user’s expectations are not met quickly they will complain about the lack of functionality and go back to using their desktop or laptop. This is not what we want for our users. We are losing the benefits of why we went mobile in the first place.
Five steps to ensuring user adoption of Enterprise Mobility
- The mobile experience must replicate the desktop – the enterprise system, any 3rd party integrated systems that it uses and access 100% of your content.
- Implementation should be a fast and straightforward experience with no re-engineering of content.
- Swipes and gestures must be customizable to enable the user to access intuitively.
- Security has to be 100%. No data on the device.
- The future should be bright, so that when user numbers increase, scalability should be straightforward; training non-existent and implementation instant.
Experience true enterprise mobility freedom with a Trial today.